Setup Hypur Debit Manual for Retail Point of Sale
Flourish supports using a debit card as a payment method at the point of sale through our partnership with Hypur. There are two ways to use this payment method:
- Manual - The customer pays via a terminal at the point of sale. The debit card is charged, and the payment amount and transaction ID are recorded manually.
- Automated - The payment terminal is integrated with the point of sale. The point of sale handles making and recording an electronic payment.
This article documents the manual payment method.
This help document covers the following:
- Sign up with Hypur.
- Configure Flourish to start using this payment method.
- Configure the transaction fees and refund limits.
- Recording debit card payments made using Hypur at the point of sale.
- Refunding a debit card transaction.
- Reconciling these transactions.
Sign Up with Hypur Debit
You must sign up for the service and be approved before using it. Learn more here: Hypur Debit Card Processing.
Set Up Hypur Debit - Manual
Follow the steps below to enable the option to collect Hypur Debit - Manual payments at your point of sale.
- Click to go to Settings.
- Select .
- Next to the facility, click the to CONFIGURE.
- Select Payment Methods.
- Click .
- Scroll down and toggle 'On' the Hypur Debit - Manual option.
- Set your preferences:
- "Allow as refund method for returns" - check the box to allow refunds to be made using Hypur Debit Manual payments.
- "Enable reconciliation against external system" - check the box to enable (manual) e-payment reconciliation.
- Click to set up the transaction fees and refund limits (see Payment Method Configuration below).
- Click the to close the "Configure Hypur Debit - Manual" modal.
- Click on the top right of the screen.
Payment Method Configuration
Set up a transaction fee
To configure a standard transaction fee, please follow the steps below:
Limit the Days to Accept a Refund
To set the time limits for refunds in this payment method, please follow the steps below:
Use Hypur Debit - Manual
Charge a debit card
Processing a Refund
Follow the steps to refund a Hypur Debit - Manual Transaction.
Reconciling Transactions (E-Payments)
We added the Hypur Debit Manual transactions details to several reports:
- Retail - Cash on Board (Company)- find in Settings / Analytics / Retail - Cash on Board (Company)
- Returns Report - find in Settings / Reports / Returns Report.
- Returns Report - find in Reports / Point of Sale / Returns Summary.
- Till Events Report - find in Analytics / Reports / Retail - Till Events.
- Till Transaction Report - find in Analytics / Reports / Retail - Till Transaction.