Retail POS Refund a Purchase
Refund or partially refund a customer purchase in the Retail Point of Sale by following these steps.
Make sure your user role allows you to process returns.
- Click Settings.
- Select User Roles.
- Make sure to select the facility you need.
- Select Point of Sale.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Role to configure.
- Locate Shop.
- Click on the Actions menu next to Sales History to open the "Actions for Shop Sales History" modal:
- Ensure that the following is toggled on:
- Authorize cash return with PIN
- Refund purchase.
- Click the to close the "Actions for Shop Sales History" modal.
- Click .
You may receive an error when attempting to refund sales without these permissions.
If you receive the error above when processing returns, double-check with your Flourish administrator to ensure your role is allowed to complete returns.
Refunding a Purchase
- In Flourish POS, navigate to Shop > Sales History.
- Using the filters and search bar, locate the order that needs to be returned.
- Click Return in the far-right column to begin the return process.
- Select the correct till from the Select Till dropdown. Sometimes you will need to confirm your selection.
- Use the arrows or type in the Return field to enter the number of items to be returned.
- Repeat step 5 for each item on the order that needs to be returned, then click Next.
The POS will display the "Step 3: Return Details" screen:
- On the Return Details screen, submit the amount to refund (REFUND AMT) for the different payment methods.
You can also click on APPLY MAX ALLOWED refunding the maximum for the payment method.
- Enter a Reason For Return.
- If the customer is returning a non-cannabis item, you can check the Restock checkbox to add the item back to your active inventory.
- When everything is complete, click the Complete Return button.To complete a refund in cash, the user must enter a valid PIN to authorize the refund. The PIN validation requires that the user has the action permission to Authorize cash return with PIN enabled.
Refund by Payment Method
Some payment methods require extra steps to process the refund.