Mobile Zebra Scanners - DataWedge App Setup
When using Zebra scanning devices with the Flourish Android mobile app, you'll first need to set up the DataWedge scanner app so that the laser barcode/QR code scanner connects with Flourish.
DataWedge is a pre-installed app on the Zebra Android device.
- Download the Flourish Software app from the Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flourishsoftware
- Open the DataWedge App to see the list of profiles (screen 1).
- Tap the 3 dots to get the menu
- Select New Profile
- Enter the profile name 'Flourish'
- Tap okay to see the Flourish profile settings (screen 4)
In this new Flourish profile, configure the settings to match these:
- Profile settings:
- Profile is enabled
- Below Profile, tap the Applications (Associated App) row
- In the Select Application pop-up, scroll until you see com.flourishsoftware.surterra.debug and tap it to select it:
Then in the next Select Activity pop-up, tap the asterisk option (*)
Tap the back button to go back to this new profile to implement these settings:
- Data Capture Plus is enabled
- Barcode Input is enabled
- Hardware Trigger is enabled
- Voice Input is disabled
- Keystroke Output is disabled
- Intent Output is enabled
- Intent Output settings:
- Output Via Intent is enabled (the main Intent Output enable checkbox)
- Intent Action: com.flourishsoftware.SCANNER_ACTION
- Intent Category: (leave blank)
- Intent Delivery: Broadcast Intent
Please note that there will be a yellow scan button added to the Flourish Software screens, which can be moved around the screen as needed (tap and hold to slide/move the button on the screen). You can tap that button to scan OR press the buttons on the side of the Zebra device.
That's it! You're ready to scan using the Android Flourish mobile app in a Zebra scanning device.