Update The Unit Weight for a single package
- Whenever you create a package with an 'Each' UOM, the Unit Weight defaults to the Unit Weight of the Item. You can set the Unit Weight when you create packages.
- After you create a package with an 'Each' UOM, you can update the Unit Weight for a single package or multiple packages using Bulk actions - Update Unit weights.
Why update the Unit Weight?
We developed this feature for clients who report to external systems that are not METRC, such as MMUR. Sometimes, when creating new 'Each' items, the new package's Unit Weight differs from the item's Unit Weight. With this feature, our clients can accurately test and report the amount of cannabis dispensed for a specific package they sold.
The only compliance related to the package-level unit weight:
- Print as Unit Weight on labels (this value defaults to item unit weight if not populated).
- As explained above, it is used in MMUR THC/CBD calculations, overriding the item unit weight only if it is set or updated.
- Flourish Software does not send the package Unit Weight to METRC.
- METRC uses the Unit Weight of the Item.
- The only inventory level that matter is the quantity of the package.
update the Unit Weight
Update the Unit Weight for a single package
- Go to Inventory.
- Locate the Package.
- Click Action / Edit attributes.
- Enter the Unit Weight.
- Click Save.