Integration: QuickBooks Online
Flourish and Quickbooks Online (QBO) Integrate easily and can be set up by an administrator of both systems. The information synced between QBO and Flourish is all transactional data and its dependent master elements.
Note: Flourish supports integrating to QuickBooks Online Plus or QuickBooks Online Advanced. QuickBooks Simple Start and QuickBooks Basic do not support tracking inventory, which is required to support the Flourish integration.
The elements synced between Flourish and QBO are:
- Purchase Orders (Bills In QBO)
- Sales Orders (Invoices in QBO)
To start configuring QuickBooks and activating the integration, follow the steps below or watch this video:
- Go to Manage Settings > Integrations (if you do not see Integrations, make sure its turned on for your user role under Admin Roles).
- To start setting up items, click on the Pencil icon under the QuickBooks tab, then Chart Items.
- Click on Edit on top right, and start adding the COGS Account, Income Account, and Asset Account for each item based on the quickbooks configuration for those items.
- To add a New Account, click on the + sign next to the respective column header. You may also map to Quickbook Subaccount on each item level. The account names much match exactly.
- Ensure that all Items have accounts configured. Items are now ready to be synced.
Now that Settings + Chart Items are configured, we can turn the integration on and start the syncing data.
- In the QuickBooks tab, click ‘Configure’, and enter your QuickBooks login credentials. Make sure the account has all the necessary permissions in QuickBooks.
- If connected successfully, the QuickBooks Integration status should now say Active.
- To sync any existing Item, Vendor, or Destination, go to the respective element in the settings screen:
Note: all updates are synced to QuickBooks. Any new Item, Vendor, or Destination will automatically sync as long as the toggles for the respective elements are turned on in the settings after initial configuration.
For Destinations (or Customers in QBO), navigate to Manage Settings > Distribution > Destinations, and sync the items manually here as well. Do the same for Vendors.
For Items (or Customers in QBO), navigate to Manage Settings > Integrations, click the Pencil for Quickbooks Online, the Chart of Items tab, and sync the items manually here as well.
Note: If you try to create a back-dated PO or Sales Order that is the item's initiated date in QBO, you will get an error. Edit the item in QBO to a date earlier than the Sales Order or PO date.
Now that all elements are synced to QuickBooks, we can now sync Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Purchase Orders are synced as "Bills"
- Sales Orders are synced as "Invoices"
Manufacturing Example of Sales Order to Invoice QBO Integration
- Create inventory from BOM
- Add to Sales Order and Sync to QBO
- Find under Invoices in Quickbooks (Note: Tax calculations were not set up in this example)
Example Integration Display