Integration: QuickBooks Online
Flourish and Quickbooks Online (QBO) Integrate easily and, set up by an administrator of both systems. The information synced between QBO and Flourish is transactional data and its dependent master elements.
The elements synced between Flourish and QBO are:
- Items - By SKU.
- Purchase Orders (Bills In QBO)
- Sales Orders (Invoices in QBO)
- Payments (new)
To start configuring QuickBooks and activating the integration, follow the steps below or watch this video:
- Go to Manage Settings > Integrations (if you do not see Integrations, make sure its turned on for your user role under Admin Roles).
- Click on the Pencil icon under the QuickBooks tab, then Chart Items to start setting up items.
- Click on Edit on the top right, and start adding the COGS Account, Income Account, and Asset Account for each item based on the Quickbooks configuration for those items.
- Click on the + sign next to the respective column header to add a New Account. You may also map to Quickbook Subaccount on each item level. The account names much match exactly.
- Ensure that all Items have accounts configured. Items are now ready to be synced.
Accounts and Sub Accounts
- The way to sync/create a sub-account is to add, in Flourish Software “Account:sub-account”
- When you set, on the Flourish side, the Account, the integration does not look for Sub-accounts. If you want to create a sub-account, it must be under an account, in the form of “Account:sub-account”.
Now that Settings + Chart Items are configured, we can turn the integration on and start the syncing data.
- In the QuickBooks tab, click ‘Configure’, and enter your QuickBooks login credentials. Make sure the account has all the necessary permissions in QuickBooks.
- If connected successfully, the QuickBooks Integration status should now say Active.
- To sync any existing Item, Vendor, or Destination, go to the respective element in the settings screens.
- After you sync, Note the information on the QB SYNC INFO column.
Destinations / Vendors.
For Destinations (or Customers in QBO), navigate to Manage Settings > Distribution > Destinations, and sync the items manually here as well. Do the same for Vendors.
How Destinations and Vendors sync from Flourish Software to QuickBooks Online
Flourish Software maps using Destination DBA and then Company Email.
- Go to Settings
- Select Integrations
- Click the pencil icon next tp
- Select Chart Items
- Locate the items
- Click the Sync to QB green button
Filter items to show: Internal, External, Active, or Inactive. The SKU is displayed as well for sorting.
Now that all elements are synced to QuickBooks, we can now sync Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Purchase Orders are synced as "Bills".
- Sales Orders are synced as "Invoices".
- Payments logged in Flourish will be reflected in QBO.
Manufacturing Example of Sales Order to Invoice QBO Integration
- Create inventory from BOM
- Add to Sales Order and Sync to QBO
- Find under Invoices in Quickbooks (Note: Tax calculations were not set up in this example)
Example Integration Display