Tutorial: Creating an Item
To receive inventory, create manufacturing runs, or harvest packages in cultivation, you will need to create items in your Item Master.
Flourish will create an auto-generated SKU for each item. This can be changed to match your own naming conventions as needed.
Tutorial: Creating Inventory Items
- Open Flourish Software and navigate to the Settings drop-down menu. Click Hi, Demo User!
- Click Manage Settings.
- Click Inventory.
- Click Create New Item.
- Enter in the new item name. For this demonstration, we are creating a new item of
Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg.
Note: Best practice is to append the strain name onto cannabis/hemp item names.
- Select the type of the new item. For this demonstration, Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg is the type Cannabis. Click Cannabis.
- Select the Class of the new item. For this demonstration, Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg is Class: Concentrate. Click Concentrate.
- Select the Category of the new inventory item. For this demonstration, Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg is Class: Extract (each). Click Extract (each)
- Toggle on or off Strain Req.
For this demonstration, a strain is required for the new item Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg.
Click to Toggle Strain Req. to the on position.
- Click to toggle on Single Unit. The item Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg is sold in single units.
For items like Bulk Flower, these items are bulk items and would have the Single Unit toggle in the off position.
- Select the appropriate Unit Weight. Click Milligram
- Enter in the Unit Weight. For this demonstration, the unit weight of the Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg is 500mg.
- Select the Source Type of this item. For this demonstration, the Source Type for the item Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg is Flower.
- Toggle on or off any appropriate Rules. For this demonstration, the item Solventless Extract Cartridge 500mg is Sellable and Lot Tracked. Click to toggle these rules to the On position.
- Click Save
- Add SKU Variations if necessary. SKU Variations are used to represent variations of the same base item. Classic examples are batch sizes, seasons, color, etc. Variations under a single SKU can also have different unit costs. Click + Add New SKU Variation
- Type in the SKU Variation Name. For this demonstration, the SKU Variation we are creating for the item is Wholesale 100 Units.
- Enter in the Item Qty for the Variation as well as pricing and costing information.
- Click Save Variation
- Adjust any necessary information for this item using the left side menu.
- Click Create New Price
- Enter in the New Price for the item. Click Add New Price
- Double check your settings by entering in your new item name in the Search bar.
- Click the line item of your newly created item.
- Double check all settings are accurate for your item. Congratulations! You have successfully created a new Inventory Item.