Retail - Void a Transaction
Before checking or completing the purchase, you can void a retail transaction on the web app.
Configure your user role to have permission to Void payment transactions with a PIN. The action permission is available under both Retail and Call Center Purchases.
- Click Settings.
- Select User Roles.
- Select the facility you need.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Role to configure.
- Locate Retail or Call Center.
- Click on the Actions menu next to Purchases.
- Toggle Void payment transaction with PIN 'On.'
- Click the to close the Actions for Retail Purchases modal.
- Click .
Void a Transaction
- In Flourish Web app, go to Retail.
- Locate the purchase.
- Locate the transaction in the Transaction History part of the purchase.
- On the TRANSACTION ID column, locate the Transaction you want to void
- Click the Void link.
- Type the following:
- Void Transaction ID.
- User PIN. If the user entering the PIN has permission to void the transaction, a Success message will appear and the Void button will be enabled.
- Click Void.
- On the POS, the payment is removed from the Purchase, and you can proceed.
- The Web app display the voided transactions as Voided and the amounts will appear crossed-out.
Void a transaction on a 'Completed' order
You can void a transaction on a 'Completed' order as long as:
- The Till that registered the transaction is still open and in the same session.
- No returns/refunds have been issued against the order.
This action will do the following:
- Transition the order back to 'Packed' Status.
- Any inventory allocated to the order and decremented on completion will be reallocated as it had been before completion.
After this, you can complete the order with a new payment or cancel it.
You can View the data on voided transactions in the following reports:
- Till Report - Find in Reports / Point of Sale - Till Report.
- Transactions by Facility Report - Find in Reports / Point of Sale - Transactions by Facility Report.