Locking of Packages when saving a Failed Lab Test Result
Flourish wants to make it easy for you to use packages that pass the lab test.
You can set Flourish Software to lock Active packages with final lab results that are Fail or In Progress.
If you set Flourish to do that, this happens when you record a new lab result or update an existing Final lab result that is Fail or In Progress:
- Flourish locks every active package associated with the lab result across any facility.
- Flourish lets you know of any packages allocated to the following:
- A manufacturing run.
- An outbound order.
- A retail order.
When does it happen?
Flourish locks the associated packages when:
- The Configuration Setting is ON.
- The Lab Result is Final.
- When you click Save on a result with a status of Fail or In Progress.
- When The Lab Result is Not Final.
- When the Lab Result is Final with a status of Pass.
What are the associated packages?
Any packages across the company that match the result on any of the following:
- Source Package ID.
- Sample Package ID.
- Lot Number (If the result is recorded for a LOT Number).
Good to know
- Currently, this process happens only when you manually click 'Save' on a lab result, if you created it, or update a lab result synced from METRC.
- When a lab result fails in METRC, METRC puts the package on hold, and the reverse sync locks packages on hold.
- Updating the lab result to 'Pass' will not remove the lock from the associated packages.
Log in and log out to see the setting updates take effect.
How does it look?
When you click 'Save' on a lab result, Flourish Software prompts you before you proceed:
Click Proceed or Cancel.
The associated packages are not allocated, and Flourish will lock all of them. You will see this screen:
Some packages are allocated, and some are not. Flourish lets you know about both so that you can act on the allocated packages. You will see this screen: