Creating Inventory using Bill of Materials
There are two main ways to create inventory when manufacturing or processing: (1) through a Manufacturing Run, which is commonly used for extraction or machine-driven production, and (2) through a Bill of Materials which lets you create more repeatable processes for a finished good (e.g. a gummy, filled vape cart, or packaged item). To learn how to create a Bill of Materials, see Creating Bill of Materials.
- To create Inventory from Bill of Materials, go to Inventory Module.
- Click on Inventory dropdown menu at the top of the page. Then select Create Inventory From Bill of Materials.
- Select the Item to Create using the dropdown menu. You can also type in the item name.
- Select the name of the Bill of Materials used to create the item.
- Enter the Qty per package (the number of units you want to create).
- Select your cannabis input package from the dropdown menu. In this example, we are using distillate to create a packaged vape cart of 500 units.
- Enter the Allocated Quantity of your cannabis package(s) and non-cannabis components. Verify the information is correct and click Review & Confirm.
- Enter in the date created and any other optional attributes. Select the Area and Location of your package, if required.
- Click Save and you have successfully created a new package using a Bill of Materials.