Closing a Till
When you're ready to take down a register, you need to make sure to close the till and count your cash. Closing a till performs an automatic pay-in to the vault or sub-vault of your choice.
Make sure that your user role has the Close Till permission enabled.
You can find this in Settings > User Roles > Retail > Tills > Close Till.
Closing a Till
- In Flourish, navigate to Retail > Tills > Manage Tills.
- Locate the till that you want to close.
- Click on the Opened button, then select Close Till from the dropdown.
- Enter the ending cash amount in the Ending Cash field.
- The Ending Cash amount is all the counted cash including the float. This is all of the cash you have in your cash drawer.
- The Ending Cash amount should be the same as the Expected Cash amount. Flourish calculates the expected cash amount as Starting Float + Cash Sales + Pay-ins - Cash Returns - Pay-outs.
- Enter your ending float in the Ending Float field below.
- The Ending Float is the amount of cash to keep in your till. This is the amount that your till should be opened with in order to make change.
- If there is a variance in the ending cash and expected cash amounts, select a Variance Reason from the dropdown.
- In the dropdown, select the Vault or Sub-Vault that you would like to perform a pay-in to.
- Select your receipt printer in the Send Receipt To dropdown.
- When all of your values look correct, click the Close Till button to close your till.