Alpine IQ: Creating & Mapping Discounts
When customers earn points for Flourish purchases or actions with Alpine IQ, those points can be redeemed for discounts linked with Alpine IQ. Those discounts often come in the form of $ off or % off a purchase and can be focused on particular brands, products, product types, spending volume, and other desired goals. In the POS (and soon in the retail web app), you can dynamically see and apply Alpine IQ-mapped discounts to a customer's order at checkout.
- You can learn more about Flourish's AlpineIQ release phases here.
- Learn more about Common Retail Discounts.
Create the discounts
- Create a retail discount Flourish Software.
- Create the same retail discount in AlpineIQ. This discount sets the point reduction amount.
- In AlpineIQ, use the Flourish retail discount ID to 'map' the discounts between both platforms.
Redeem the discounts
Once the discount is redeemed in the Flourish POS:
- The client gets the discount that is setup in Flourish Software.
- The points are deducted according to the points value in the Alpine IQ corresponding discount.
Creating the discounts
Please see Retail Discounts Overview for a detailed review of Flourish Discounts.
- Follow the steps to create a retail discount in Flourish Software.
- Important to know:
- “Applied Automatically” should always be off. This will enable the customer to decide of they want to redeem the available discount.
- Consider "Max redemptions per purchase" to 1 (if you want the discount to apply once per purchase).
- Consider "Stackable" to enable smooth application of multiple discounts.
- The "Discount ID" connects the two discounts. Later in the process, you copy the "Discount ID" from Flourish and paste in Alpine IQ to connect the discounts.
For this example, we created a discount of "$10 off order for orders over $100 (AIQ)". Please note the following:
- The name has "(AIQ)" in the end. We highly recommend doing that to make it easy to find the loyalty discounts.
- Discount ID (272) and “Applied Automatically” is off.
Alpine IQ Discounts
- In AlpineIQ, navigate to Dashboard > Discounts.
- Select "Create Discount"
- Under Discount Settings, click ">Discount" to expand and fill in the fields below:
Here is how the REWARDS name and the DESCRIPTION display in Flourish POS Cart:
"Internal Discount Name:"
- Copy the Discount Name from Flourish and paste it into Alpine IQ.
"What are you discounting?:"
- This field populates the REWARDS name shown in the Loyalty Tab of the Flourish POS Cart.
"Discount short description:"
- This field populates the DESCRIPTION shown in the Loyalty Tab of the Flourish POS Cart.
- Click "> Redemption options" to expand and fill in the fields below:
"Loyalty points required for this discount to be redeemed".
- We chose 100 points.
- See the "POINT VALUE" in the picture above.
"Dollars to discount off cart at when redeemed".
- We matched the Flourish Discount of $10.
"ID of matching discount in your POS system"
Copy the Discount ID from the Flourish Discount and paste.
- When all settings are configured, click "Publish discount"