Retail Discounts — Customer Attributes
Would you like to give discounts to certain people? You can set a discount for eligible customers only by using Target Customers by Attribute.
Looking to target specific kinds of orders instead? Check out our article on targeting order attributes.
Adding Customer Attributes to a Discount
- In Flourish, navigate to Settings > Retail > Discounts.
- Start creating a discount or edit an existing discount.
- Under Target Customers by Attribute, click Add New Attribute.
- Select the attribute from the dropdown.
- Configure the customer attribute as you'd like it.
- Add more by following steps 3 - 5 until you're satisfied with your discount.
- When you're done, click Save.
Available Customer Attributes
You can add your customer to a group in your Customer Profile. The following customer groups are available by default:
- First Responder
The Date of Birth is a required field on your Customer Profile.
You can set the birthday discount in two ways:
- On the current day - The customer is eligible for the discount on their birthday.
- In the current month - The customer is eligible for the discount throughout their birth month.
Customer Purchase Count
The customer's existing count of completed purchases can make them eligible to receive a discount. This means we can create a discount for a customer's first, fifth, or hundredth purchase!
Let's take a look at an example:
In this example, we set the Total Completed Purchases to 10.
This means an eligible customer can receive the discount on their 11th purchase only. This is a one-time discount on their 11th purchase.