Item Tagging Functionality
Tagging is a concept we use in Flourish to allow our users to customize certain features of the application very easily. Currently the tagging functionality in Flourish primarily applies to your item master, your facilities, and to retail discounts.
Users with appropriate access to the admin settings portal will find the Tags submodule in the admin side navigation. Tags can be created, edited, and removed from the grid as needed, and once created they are available across the entire company.
Creating a tag
Creating a tag is very straightforward.
- Click the Add New Tag button in the header of the tags grid to open a modal window where you can enter the name and (optionally) description for the new tag.
- Click Save, and the grid will now display the newly created tag in the list.
Let's walk through an example to demonstrate how easy and powerful tagging can be. In our example we have two retail locations, and in one of those locations we only sell medical cannabis items; in the other we sell cannabis only for recreational use. We need a way within Flourish to limit the available inventory at each location to the appropriate items. So we can create a tag called Med Only and another called Rec Only and put them to use.
Tagging an item
To tag an item:
- Navigate to the Inventory submodule in the admin portal.
- Click into the detailed view of any item in the item master.
- Find the Tags tab in the item details.
- Click Edit to enable the tag selector. You can open the dropdown list or start typing the name of a tag to find it, and when you select one, it will be added to the list of tags for this item. You can associate as many tags as needed to an item.
- Click Save to apply your changes, and you're done.
We'll find a medical cannabis item, say a 500mg CBD Tincture, and tag it with our Med Only tag. And we sell an item called 0.5g Pre-Roll to our rec customers, so we'll tag that item with Rec Only.
Tagging a facility
Next we need to tag our facilities, so we'll:
- Navigate to the Facilities submodule in the admin portal.
- Find the medical-only facility we'd like to tag, and click the icon to Configure the facility.
- Similar to the item screen, we click into the Tags tab and find three different sections with tag selectors.
Tag this facility
The topmost section is where you will apply tags directly to the facility. For instance, you might want to tag a facility with descriptive tags like Retail, Medical, Recreational, Grand Opening, or Open 24 Hours.
Item tags to include at this facility
In this section you can select tags associated with items that should be available for this facility. So for our medical-only facility, we want to select the Med Only tag. If that is the only tag we select, then only items with that tag will be available, so just our 500mg CBD Tincture item right now.
For our rec facility we will select the Rec Only tag in this section, and the 0.5g Pre-Roll item will be available.
Item tags to exclude at this facility
Here we select tags for items that should NOT be available at the selected facility. Continuing our example, we could select the Rec Only tag here for the medical-only location, and the Med Only tag for the rec-only location, and those items would be unavailable as expected.
However, tagging allows us to be very fine-grained with item availability. Imagine we sell a couple different brands of high-dose vape pens, ACME and MMJ Unlimited. In Flourish these would be two separate items, and we could tag them with their brand names, for example. Both of the items would be tagged with Med Only, so by default they would both be available at our medical-only location.
But perhaps at this medical-only retail location we want to sell only the ACME line of vapes to test their appeal. So we could add MMJ Unlimited to the list of excluded tags, and the MMJ Unlimited vapes would not be available in Flourish at this facility. Again, you can survey the included and excluded items by clicking the Preview button.
Tagging allows Flourish's retail discount engine to have limitless flexibility and configurability. To manage discounts:
- Navigate to the Retail submodule of the admin portal.
- Select the Discounts tab at the top, then choose All Discounts.
- This will load a grid with all discounts across your company. As with tags, you can create a new discount from the header at the top of the discounts grid or manage existing discounts within the grid.
Let's create a discount to explore how tagging can be used.
- Click Add New Discount to begin configuring a new discount.
- There are a number of discount settings that will be covered elsewhere in the Flourish documentation, but for our purposes we will create a discount with the following
- discount name: $10 Off Vapes
- type: Sale
- status: Active
- level: Line
- method: Dollar
- amount off: 10
Now we can employ our tags to restrict Facility Eligibility and Item Eligibility in the tabs at left.
You can make discounts eligible or ineligible for particular retail locations or to be applied to particular items by selecting the appropriate tags. By default, if no tags are selected in the Include facilities/items and Exclude facilities/items sections, the discount will be available at all stores and for all items.
For this vape discount, we may want to restrict it so that it cannot be used at rec-only stores, so we might select the Recreational tag in the Exclude facilities section. And as for items, we might want to accelerate sales of the MMJ Unlimited vapes, so we can select the MMJ Unlimited tag in the Include items section, and the discount will only apply to items with that tag.
Once again, Flourish makes it easy to see exactly which facilities and items are eligible by clicking Preview in the upper right corner of each section.